Friday, January 14, 2011

Ticket To NAMM......Oh How I WISH!

NAMM !  That's the buzz around L.A. and the music world this week and weekend!  Anyone that loves music would want to be at NAMM.  What I am posting in the next paragraph is from the NAMM "about" page.

Before there was an industry or an association, there was a belief…in music. That belief led to a mission: to unify, lead and strengthen the global music products industry and increase active participation in music making.  NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), commonly called NAMM in reference to the organization's popular NAMM trade shows, is the not-for-profit association that unifies, leads and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry.   http://www.namm.org/about    Take 4 minutes and 1 second out of your day and watch the video "in every corner of the world".   This video is in the upper left corner of the about page in the link above.       




What I like to see if people of all walks of life participate in music.  Yea, I'm not much into politics like when President Clinton jammed with Tony Bennett, if you can call that jamming, but to see such people appreciate music does make them seem more down to earth.  At  yesterday's show at NAMM, Phil Collen of Def Leppard jams with Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee. 

Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike), "(art) of the Muses."[1] (from wikipedia)


BELIEVE IN MUSIC!!


Music makes me, ME!

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who takes the trouble to visit and comment, not once but twice, makes me doubly pleased to be her first follower.

    Now we may not like the same music, books or even philosophy,and our ages are a hundred miles apart but 'An affair to Remember' lover..?
    Put it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Moannie! I LOVE OLD MOVIES!!! I lived with my grandparents from age 2 to age 8, so I was exposed to all the old movies (not old at the time). Doris Day and Cary Grant! I've lost the title to the one I'm trying to remember. It's where they finally get married at the end and he has the measles??

    Doris Day and Rock Hudson...Pillow Talk is probably my favourite!

    Nice to meet you and have you as my first follower! Thank you again Moannie

    ReplyDelete